A reflective thank you note

Overwhelmed.  In all the right ways.


So, as I sit here, just 4 days away from getting to meet our Abriana Mireille I realized that once Friday hits things are most likely going to launch into warp speed and I may not get this golden opportunity to be a little reflective for the people that have gotten us to this point.

Last night I was cruising around Facebook and saw a chain of posts.  A post of my blog from someone on my friends list, followed by a domino effect of posts of at least 3 other people not on my friends list sharing our story with their friends list and all of a sudden it hit me like a sack of bricks.  The depth of people out there thinking about us, or praying for us is so far beyond what I could have ever imagined and we'll probably never know just how many people have rallied in support for all we've been through and have yet to encounter ahead.  It's truly amazing, and my only regret is that there is not a proper string of words in any language capable of expressing just how amazing that feels.

So, this Friday, as years of waiting come to an end, and I get to look into my daughters eyes if you have ever "liked" or commented on a post on Facebook about Abriana, if you've ever taken the time to talk with us and ask questions, if you've ever held us in your thoughts or prayers, if you've had any sort of direct contact with us regarding this, you will be thought of.  For the multitude of people who haven't had direct contact with us but have taken the time to share our story even if we've never met, you will be thought of.  You will all be very much with us this Friday as everything unfolds.

Simply put, the road that's gotten us here has not been easy, but any road is worth traveling when it's lined with friends and family who are helping guide your way.  The road ahead is unknown with a touch of scary and there will be many bad days as we learn more about exactly how this condition will effect Abriana long term, not to mention the unpredictable responses in the first 4-6 months of her life before surgery as she lives with a craniofacial abnormality that's sure to make some people uncomfortable.  It's easy to say we don't care what those people think, it's easy to say our love for her is all that matters, it's much harder to be in those moments and not let them affect you.  It's remembering that there's a whole community of friends and family who have already accepted her sight unseen that will make those moments pass without forethought.

So thank you.  Thank you from the depths of our hearts for standing up and supporting us in so many ways.  No matter how small or large of a gesture, they've all landed with memorable impact on our hearts.



Comments

  1. I have quietly sat back and watched your story unfold. I have read and "liked" and taken it all in. I know I don't see you two often (or at all since moving) and I have felt lucky to get to watch your journey. You two are among the most kind and wonderful people I have had the pleasure to know. I know it has been a long journey for your family and you have become strong and courageous parents before BB is even here! She is so lucky!

    I have worked with adults with various disabilities for some time now. When I think about the struggles that so many of my clients have to go through, I know that Baby Block will not face the same. She will always get to know that she is loved, cared for and valued. That is worth more than gold.

    Thank you for viewing your daughter as a blessing. Thank you for staying strong for her. Thank you for creating a support group that loves her.

    Whatever your family needs that I can give, do not hesitate to ask.

    I love you both (soon to be three!) and I am with you all the way!

    <3 Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! The beauty of today's extremely connected society is it doesn't matter whether near or far for the support to be felt. So thank you for the support! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet and touching note, Mike! Prayers your way...

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Sit Quiet

A's Update 1 (11/7/13) - One Surgery Down

My Broken Faith